Skunks Are the intriguing and smelly animals that nobody wants around. In case you’ve ever been curious to know more, but want to do it from a distance, below are a few skunk facts that you enjoy.
* They’re nocturnal. Because they are inclined to move about at night, this is the very best time to seal off their dens or living quarters.
* Skunks generally weigh from just over 1 pounds.
* They reside from 7-10 years depending on their living conditions. Skunks have a tendency to survive longer in captivity.
This will take place if they’re bitten by or consume Possum poop or an animal that is affected.
* Skunk spray does not carry rabies.
* Though they can spray up to 23 feet, they are only true up to 6 or 7 feet.
* The spray comes from the glands located on either side of the anus.
* Musk is another name for the spray.
* A skunk may give warning signals before it sprays.
* Several females may share a territory, but usually just 1 male with live in a place.
* Skunks do not have very good eyesight. Consequently, if you encounter one, be quiet and walk off.
* They are non-confrontational for the most part. They usually spray in defense into a perceived threat.
* Males do not help to raise their young.
* Skunks are not all bad, they like to eat the garden bugs and slugs that harm your crops.
These are just some of the very fundamental skunk facts. They’re very interesting animals and fun to learn about!